Thursday, January 26, 2017

Three Slices by Kevin Hearne, Delilah S. Dawson, and Chuck Wendig

Three Slices is a collection of three novellas that share a common theme, using cheese to predict the future (tyromancy).
A Prelude to War Copyright by Kevin Hearne.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys by Delilah S. Dawson.
Interlude: Swallow by Chuck Wendig.
I got the book to read Hearne's story when it fit into the Iron Druid series. Finally got around to reading the other 2 stories. Dawson's vampire circus stuff is interesting but bludbunny is perhaps not to my taste right now.

Wendig's story takes up after the last Miriam book so I lucked out there. Now I can start Thunderbird as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Sadly tyromancy was not 'real' in all the stories. Perhaps I should put air quotes around 'sadly' as well. They were all good standalone stories and I'm glad I read I read the series fill-ins for Hearne and Wendig.

Finished January 17, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment